Friday, August 7, 2009

Lord Frederick's wedding

I was in London for a week, and returned home late last night. Last Saturday, my friend Katrina and I went to Hampton Court for the 500th anniversary of Henry VIII's reign. I thoroughly enjoyed the Living History aspects with interpretors as Henry VIII, Katheryn Parr, Anne Herbert and Thomas Seymour. I also learned from one of the docents that Hampton Court will be closed to the public on September 12 due to the marriage of Lord Frederick Windsor and Sophie Winkleman.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if they will be paying a rental fee for the venue and if closing the palace is a normal procedure for weddings which take place there.

Marlene Eilers Koenig said...

Weddings are held at the chapel all the time -- there was one last Sat. But the grounds were not closed. However, HC was closed for Marie Chantal and Pavlos' reception. Most likely, the queen gave permission for the reception to take place at HC.